Saturday, September 20, 2008

okeeday....

I'll check my list of books in a little while... but I'm pretty sure this is it:
Antigone by Sophocles
Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw
The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis
I think I'm reading Helena by Evelyn Waugh, I'm not sure.... will check on that one.

Right now I'm reading the Children's Homer. We can skip it if ya'll want, but if you do want to do it, you can use the Children's Homer, or you can use the Iliad or the Odyssey, or both. Whatever suits ya (and is handy).

Katie, also post when you'll be reading those books. I'll do the same. That way we can make sure everybody is reading the same book at the same time.


BTW....
I am NOT phony! If anyone is you are..... because I was born first. :-P

4 comments:

Clare said...

Oooh, I love Pygmalion! It was I believe the first play I ever read as a pre-teen, and every summer when my older brother is home from college we try to get together and put it on. Somehow it never works out... it might have to do with the fact that I seem incapable of learning my lines. Every time I pick up my copy to study and memorize, I find myself reading straight through it, giggling as I go. ;)

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

Pygmalion - is there not a Broadway musical and film on that one?

The Other Katie said...

wow people have been commenting??

Yes, the musical is called "My Fair Lady" and the movie stars Audrey Hepburn with Marni Nixon as the singing voice. I love both- the play and the musical. Henry Higgins cracks me up and Rex Harrison is absolutely perfect in the role. And Audrey Hepburn is, of course, fantastic as Eliza and they matched her lip-syncing with Marni Nixon's singing very well.

Hans Georg Lundahl said...

I am a parody of Higgins. I can usually place a language or a foreign accent, though twice I confused Hungarian with Finnish, but I rarely get regional accents right.